Webinar: Tax Changes &
Property Market Update
Live Webinar Event. 7pm, Wednesday 27 October 2021
The Labour Government has implemented a number of tax and legislation changes that will have a significant impact on property investors – interest non-deductibility, ring-fencing of losses, extension of bright-line, LVR rules, and removal of no-cause tenancy terminations, to name a few. None of these changes are in investors’ favour.
Matthew Gilligan and Anthony Lipscombe (GRA’s Head of Tax) will be discussing the new tax rules in detail and their expected effect on the market during a live webinar event on Wednesday, 27 October at 7pm.
Wed, 27 Oct 2021
During this webinar, Matthew and Anthony will cover:
- Interest non-deductibility and how it will affect investors
- Extension of the bright-line rule to 10 years
- Exemption of the above rules for ‘new builds’ and what this means
- Exemption from interest non-deduction for social housing
- How bright-line applies if you rent out part of your main home
- NZ property market update
- The proposal for very significant changes to the Resource Management Act and how investors can benefit
- What effect the new rules will have on the housing market
- Effective property investment strategies to adopt in this changing, tougher environment
- What you can do if you disagree with the way property investors are being treated
No matter what the government throws at us, at GRA we are committed to supporting our clients and the wider GRA network to succeed. To that end, we’d love to see you on the Tax Changes & Property Market Update Zoom webinar. After all, knowledge is power. We will be recording this event and will make the video available to everyone who registers, so book your spot today.
Wed, 27 Oct 2021