As active property investors, at GRA we noticed our insurance brokers were charging us more each and every year. So we started to shop around, and in the process we came across Initio.
We discovered that:
1. Initio are cheaper
Because they are online, they cut out the middle man (broker).
2. Their benefits are comprehensive
Initio's benefits are equal to or exceed the other covers we had in our portfolios. Their cover includes loss of rents and higher meth cover than our conventional insurers (despite our brokers telling us our existing insurers were the best in the market).
3. Initio is backed by IAG
IAG is one of the largest insurers in the world.
All of this caused us to have a conversation with their managing director, and we are now pleased to bring you an insurance offering in a joint venture between GRA and Initio. For an instant free online quote, please click on the banner below:
*** Please note insurance cover is not available for properties in Wellington at this time***
Some of the things Initio Landlord Insurance provides as standard are:
- Damage and loss of rents caused by the manufacture and consumption of methamphetamine
- $20,000 free contents cover (can be increased to $60,000)
- Loss of rental income due to damage - $20,000 (with ability to increase to $80,000)
- Loss of rental income up to six weeks for eviction, abandonment or prevention of access
- Cover of $25,000 for deliberate damage by tenants is automatically included (most other insurers make you buy this cover separately)
- Multi-unit cover – up to six flats under the same roof on the same policy, which means lower premiums
- $3,000 cover for hidden gradual damage
- Replacement cover (up to your insured value) for essential events like fire, flood, earthquake
To find out more about how to insure your home or investment property cheaper, and to obtain a free online quote, please click here.